7617 Mineral Point Rd.
Madison, WI 53717
info @ loseweightmadison.com
Monday - 6am - 7pm
Tuesday - 8am - 7pm
Wednesday - 6am - 7pm
Thursday - 8am - 7pm
Friday - 8am - 6pm
Saturday - 8am - 1pm
Sunday - Closed
View Larger Map
- Category: Blog
- Published on Wednesday, 21 March 2012 17:14
- Written by Healthy Woman
- Hits: 79596
Healthy Woman is excited to offer Synergie facials as a wonderful compliment to our Synergie body treatments!
With two fabulous Aesthetcians joining our staff, both with varied experiences and knowledge, we have taken our ladies to another level of pure pampering – with results!
The non-evasive treatment concentrates on increasing healthy blood flow, tightening and toning lose skin on the face and neck and aiding in the production of natural collagen. Some of the comments heard by our clients are ”the treatment is like nothing I have ever experienced”, ” it is so relaxing” and “my skin has never felt so good!”.
We are offering an Introductory Offer of $35* for your first treatment.
(a $70 value) *new clients only
Call 203-9060 to book your appointment today!
Do you feel tired, lethargic and depressed or can’t lose weight?
You need to DETOX with us!
Healthy Woman is excited to launch a new LIVER DETOX program that has been successfully tested by our members and helping many women feel SO MUCH BETTER.
The 7-Day detox kit includes a Core Support protein powder, 2 vitamin packs and a complete detoxification guide with all of the dietary guidelines for the full program. Our knowledgeable staff with sit down one-on-one with you to help you get started as well as be the necessary resource for you along the way! Call us at 203-9060 or stop in today and you will not believe how much better you will feel in just one week!
Stay tuned for successes, recipes ideas and much more!
Healthy Recipes – Cinnamon Apple
Here’s a healthy take on a classic comfort food. Traditional cinnamon apple sticks to the ribs because it’s doused in a buttery topping mixture. Our version delivers the same high-flavor impact with vanilla yogurt. And the stevia replacing sugar ensures you’ll have no adverse blood sugar reaction. Cinnamon apple recipes work best if you seek out apples known for their tartness.
Try Granny Smiths first, but Braeburns, Winesaps, or even McIntoshes can work in pinch. This versatile recipe is great for a quick yummy breakfast, a well-deserved snack or a topping to a meat entrée for dinner. It blends sweetness, spice and tang, along with the satisfying soft, chewy texture of a cooked apple. Peeling is optional, though. Go for an extra bit of fiber and leave it on.
1 tart apple
1 low fat/low carb tortilla
1 pkg Stevia
Cinnamon to taste
Pam cooking spray
3 oz non-fat lite vanilla yogurt
Cook sliced apple in saucepan with a little water. When apple is soft, add Stevia and cinnamon. Spray both sides of tortilla with Pam and grill lightly. Pour cooked apple in middle and roll. Top with yogurt and more cinnamon. Counts as 1 fruit, 1 starch and ½ dairy
Get into the Holiday Spirit with Healthy Inspirations!
Today, Wednesday, December 14th from 9am-1pm and 3-7pm we are hosting a Holiday Open House at Healthy Woman! Lots of healthy food tastings, new product samples, specials on membership and most of all FUN!
We are located at 26 Schroeder Court in Madison. Our phone number is 203-9060 or visit our website loseweightmadison.com. Come one, Come all!
Healthy Recipes – Healthy Tuna Salad
Light and low-calorie, fresh, familiar and fast, tuna salad is one of our favorite go-to meals. This recipe packs a healthy dose of protein and wholesome, unrefined carbohydrate. The splash of oil adds just enough body to make you remember why you fell in love with tuna fish.
Now you have even more reason to love it. Public health authorities from the National Institutes of Health and the American Diabetes Association encourage adding more fish like tuna to your weekly diet for all their wonderful benefits, especially its omega-3 fatty acids.
Healthy Tuna Salad
1 cup lettuce
1 small apple, chopped
1 plan serving low sodium tuna
1 tbsp. lite Italian dressing
1 protein, 1 free veggie, 1 limited, 1 condiment
Indulge over the holiday weekend? Not here!
Are you feeling stuffed from too much turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie? Not on Healthy Inspirations ”Inspiration Island!”
Our dedicated members have been competing hard to be a finalist in our SURVIVOR 8 week Challenge!
Contestants have “stepped up their game” by extending their workouts, making a new healthy holiday recipe, bringing a friend to enjoy the center, donating to a local food pantry or by simply providing an inspirational quote to motivate the members!
While some contestants are trying to buy Immunity by participating in one of our many Contests (Hula Hoop, Tug-o-war, etc) - only a select few have found the “Immunity Idol” hidden in our center.
If you still need some opportunities for Immunity, come join us for a “Circuit-A-Thon” on Wednesday, November 30th from 8am-12pm & 3pm – 7pm. Our goal is to keep the circuit continually going for a total of 8 hours!!!
Healthy Recipes – Crockpot Hungarian Goulash
In many parts of the country, the first snows have already cooled the temperatures and forced us to dig out the hats and gloves. Hungarian Goulash is not only a comfort food that deeply satisfies, but it provides a filling and delicious meal that you can start in the morning before you leave for work and serve when you get home. As they say in Hungary: Jó étvágyat! (Bon appétit!)
Crockpot Hungarian Goulash
2 lbs. round steak cut into ½ inch cubes
2 chopped tomatoes
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup light sour cream
1 garlic clove, minced
½ tsp. Salt
½ tsp. Pepper
1-1/2 tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. thyme, crushed
1 bay leaf
Place steak cubes, garlic, and onion in crock pot. Add all remaining ingredients (except sour cream) and stir well. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours. Add sour cream 30 minutes before serving.
1 protein, 1 veggie, 1 free food
Healthy Recipes – Baked Stuffed Shrimp
Shrimp is one of those flavorful proteins that can stand on its own, so it always tastes marvelous when cooked simply. The combination of the buttery Brummel & Brown, garlic, and onions makes it tasty, and the addition of crackers for salt and crunch make the shrimp satisfying, fulfilling that craving for a crunchy treat that keeps you from being tempted by less healthy options.
Baked Stuffed Shrimp
1 plan serving shrimp
Pepper to taste
1 tsp. Brummel & Brown
5 Carr crackers
2 scallions, chopped
Crush crackers and add spread, garlic and pepper. Mix and add water if not moist. Place shrimp in baking dish. Place cracker mix and scallions on shrimp. Bake @ 400 degrees for 22-25 minutes.
1 protein, 1 starch, 1 fat, ½ veggie
Five Reasons You Should NOT Join Healthy Inspirations
1. You Want to Go on a Diet. We are not about diets. We only offer customized programs that combine
- Nutritional counseling tailored to your needs and your lifestyle
- Exercise in a fast-paced, fun circuit-type routine that helps burn calories in the most efficient manner
- One-on-one coaching to uncover the barriers that lie between you today and your healthier self
- An innovative aesthetics program to reduce cellulite
- Stress Management and Relaxation techniques that target the most overlooked causes of weight gain
2. You Think Extra Weight Is Your Only Problem. Losing weight is far too complex to slap a fly-by-night “eat popcorn and pineapples” diet plan on it. We have a network of nutrition and wellness experts who know that, in additional to calories, hormonal imbalances, stress and many other lifestyle factors, play a big role in weight. If you only want a weight loss band-aid, Healthy Inspirations is not right for you.
3. You Want Prepackaged Frozen Meals. You’ve probably always wondered what happens in those other “diet” plans when you lose all the weight and the parcels of prepared meals stop coming. We know. You starting eating again on your own, using the only cooking methods you know, and the weight gradually creeps back.
We know successful weight management depends on you knowing what to buy at the grocery store, how to prepare it, when to eat, which foods to combine, and how to handle special occasions like birthdays, holidays and celebrations. We won’t handicap you by excluding you from the thinking part. We see ourselves as your partner, and our job is to fully equip you to succeed.
4. You Need a Temporary Fix for an Upcoming Event. Do you have a wedding, reunion, vacation or another get together to be svelte for? While we’re sure there are plenty of crash-diet centers that will take your money and send you on a wild goose chase in search of a way to shed 40 pounds in 6 days, that’s not what Healthy Inspirations is all about. We facilitate lifestyle change. Our approach is comprehensive and multi-focused.
5. You Think You Don’t Have Time to Rest. Stress not only affects your eating choices, but it activates a hormone called cortisol that literally programs your body to store more fat. No lifestyle change program is complete without addressing the critical role that stress plays in your life. Under one roof at Healthy Inspirations, you’ll get the nutrition component, the exercise component, and the coaching. But you’ll also benefit from relaxation techniques, including shiatsu massage.
Now here’s a description of the client who succeeds with Healthy Woman. She’s a woman who has dieted most of her adult life. It hasn’t worked, and she’s tired of it. Now she has significant amounts of weight to lose to be healthy and to stave off chronic illness.
And, she’s finally made up her mind that she doesn’t want to diet ever again. Instead, she wants to commit to changing her life.
If that sounds like you, let’s talk.
How can you SURVIVE the Holidays?
Healthy Woman is excited to offer an 8-week promotion, “Survive the Holidays” to support and encourage you through the most challenging time of the year! Each week you will have to complete challenges to “survive” and earn a spot on our Island. And yes, we will have Immunity Challenges that you can participate in to help you fight till the very end! Stay tuned for more details!